I really wonder what gives us the right to wreck this poor planet of ours.
Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.
Human beings are chimpanzees who get crazy drunk on power. By saying that our leaders are power-drunk chimpanzees, am I in danger of wrecking the morale of our soldiers fighting and dying in the Middle East? Their morale, like so many bodies, is already shot to pieces. They are being treated, as I never was, like toys a rich kid got for Christmas.
True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country. (Ain't that the truth!)
There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand. (Now I know where Emo Phillips got his best stuff!) :-)
"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.' " (My Personal favorite).
And last but not least:
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
- ► 2010 (104)
- ► 2009 (99)
- ► 2008 (352)
- The Backlash from Virginia Tech
- From Greg Palast - The Accomplices for Virgina Tec...
- Irony can be so ironic.
- On Virgina Tech and Violence
- Wit and Wisdom from Lee Iacocca
- More Wisdom from Kurt Vonnegut
- The Wit and Wisdom of Kurt Vonnegut
- Kurt Vonnegut - The Los Angeles Times
- Kurt Vonnegut - The New York Times
- A Sad Day
- This is what going mad feels like....
- The way laws are passed in this country now.
- Gotta admit I am a Browncoat
- And now an interlude......
- This starts the Blogger Blog
- ▼ April (15)