Every October 24th is a day that is supposed to be set aside to honor an organization we created to stop War at the end of one of the most destructive conflicts in Human history. The war just fought saw the first us of many horrible weapons such as the atomic bomb. However, in the polarized world that followed, the organization was largely left behind. Still it managed to pull off a few miracles. With shoestring budgets and hobbled mandates, the UN has done what it can to fulfill its mission of the maintenance of International Peace and Security. One day, maybe we will have the ability to fulfill this mandate. Until we learn that lesson, we will obviously have a long hard road ahead of us.
"Until, man is ready for a new and different life, all this will someday come to pass - in God's good time." James Mason as Jules Verne, Walt Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954).
- ► 2010 (104)
- Rocking to the science beat
- 2009 St Louis County Election
- McDonalds is a victim of the recession
- Today is United Nations Day
- Health Insurance Providers - American Terrorists
- Why I don't eat curry
- The Miniature Earth
- More from BBC 4 and World Service; The Niqab, yes...
- From BBC 4 and World Service: The Wild West is no...
- Letter to my Senator
- and you thought YOUR connection was slow
- The bold new look of Kohler!
- Keep an eye on your military
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2008 (352)