Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter Weather.

Its snowing real good here and still coming down. There are many, many schools closed and looks like I will be babysitting my nephew tomorrow. I have to wonder why I always end up being a babysitter. I love the little guy and all, but its MY house and I do that free of charge. Whats in it for me?

Anyway, its just terrible out there and I don't know whats going to happen. ON the bright side, I don't have to go to work tonight, which is normally a working day for me. One of my fellow officers has his licence renewal class later in the week so in order for him to be able to attend it and get proper rest, our days off have been switched. I know that tonight would be terrible at work. We get the mall Ops manger coming in and its feels like he hovers over your shoulder. Actually he's pretty nice, but he has a reputation as someone who likes to dish it out if you know what I mean. Anyway, its liable to get pretty busy at work and with the roads being crap, I am so glad I don't have to go out in it again.

Now I did go out earlier to stock up at the store, because its what you always do, you know? Anyway, I like to drive careful on this stuff. I used to be fairly reckless but in my old age and years of driving without insurance have taught me that you don't want to be in an accident. Everyone else seems to be nuts when it comes to this crap. Like all the people passing me when I was doing 40 on a snow covered road. Like the imbecile at the Grocery store doing donuts in the parking lot. This guy in the parking lot had this huge Ford Expedition and he was going all over the parking lot trying to slide every which way but loose. I feared for my car. Maybe he thought that since there were no cars on the lot it was OK to be irresponsible. I have found in my years on this Earth that when you are having fun in this manner is right when the worst can happen. The guy eventually stopped and I felt safe enough to actually go into the store, but that's the kind of thing that happens in weather like this. All the outpatients at the mental hospital seem to want to act on their neuroses.

Well, that's my rant on the idiots that seem to want to make your life miserable in the winter weather.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am interested in CNG vehicles because they are good for the environment and aren't powered by dead Marines. I still have a little hope for the world. Read the musings and enjoy.