Friday, April 11, 2008

Storm chasing

Went to get my bi-annual Storm Spotter certification renewed the other night. I still have one class to go to on Saturday which should complete my level 2 class. Its good to get thsi being in Tornado Alley as I am. St. Louis has some unique annals in Tornado history. One being the 1896 Tornado which was among the most deadly and damaging tornados in history. If a similar tornado happened today, the damage would be in the billions of dollars. Being in an urban area doesn't mean you don't get tornadoes. They can happen anywhere or anytime if the conditions are right.

Anyway, look for sites and links and other interesting things on Tornadoes in the next few weeks as I renew my interest in this subject.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am interested in CNG vehicles because they are good for the environment and aren't powered by dead Marines. I still have a little hope for the world. Read the musings and enjoy.

Blog Archive