Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My project for the week


I bought a stereo a year or so ago with the intention of putting it in my Crown Victoria. It has sat at various times in either my trunk or my house gathering dust. This weekend I decided it was finally time to put up or shut up. The Blazer is a nice car, but the radio only puts out on the front left speaker and its really frustrating. So the Blazer gets the stereo.

I have never attempted my own stereo installation, and I had no idea how to do it really. However, its just matching wires for wires and getting the panels back into place right. I also have to match a dashboard unit to make the installation look factory. Since the stereo is different from the factory installation, I have to use a bridging harness to put the wires on right. Matching the wires proved simple and now I have to put the dashboard back together. Its present condition is as such:
I have been having trouble finding the right bracket to complete the installation of the finished piece that allows the unit to look factory installed. If I can figure out which one, I can finish this off. I am taking a break after spending a few hours matching wires. In a power up test, the unit works and I have all my speakers back. Its now just a question of finishing the braket and mounting the completed installation in the dashboard. I took a break also because its raining and I just didn't want to get wet.

This is the new stereo:
What I love about it is that it will have bluetooth and has a slot for and SD card which will let me listen to my MP3 files. I can also put them on CD and listen to them as well. It can also play WMA files so I don't have to convert a whole lot of files I already have ripped to WMA. It promises to be a nice little addition to my entertainment selections.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am interested in CNG vehicles because they are good for the environment and aren't powered by dead Marines. I still have a little hope for the world. Read the musings and enjoy.