Thursday, March 13, 2008

I had a strange dream....

Now several days ago I had a situation happen to me. I work nights at a shopping mall doing security. We have a theatre on the interior of the mall that lets out late. On Monday night my supervisor spotted three theatre goers on the camera system walking through the mall. Suspicious, he watched them head for a kiosk. This particular one was run by a nice lady from Kenya who sells sodas and candies to the passers by. They managed to get the fabric awning off and started helping themselves to the candy therein. My supervisor called me, on patrol outside in the parking lot and I proceed to go to a service door and down the corridor to intercept them. When I got to the end of the corridor, I opened the door and was literally right on top of them! The hand-loads of candy they had flew everywhere as they took off running out of the main entrance to the mall. They got into a waiting car at the entrance, but the lady driving took off hesitantly. When I turned my flashers and beeped my siren she stopped. Turns out she was the mother of one of the boys and she wanted nothing to do with them. The police soon arrived and took our three shoplifting suspects in custody. Approximately $30 of candy was found on their persons. One had a juvenile record, apparently having known gang affiliations and covered with tattoos and scars from gunshot wounds. The vehicle had a bullet hole in the trunk. After processing them, they all being juveniles, they were released into the custody of the Mom. (By the by, this is NOT my typical night. Things like this happen once in a blue moon for me on the night shift. Usually it is very quiet).

I tell that story to tell this story about my dream. Now I don't remember all of it, but I do remember one significant scene and its really stuck with me. Apparently in this dream I was a detective with the NYC police department because I had Detective Robert Goren from Law and Order as my partner. I was driving and something went wrong with the car and he was on the corner. The car had stalled and I was rolling away from him as some rather unsavory characters were setting upon him. After drifting into the rather large intersection I managed to get the car started and pulled a bootlegger reverse (squeeling, smoking tires and all) and got into a position to assist my partner and my back-up arrived which turned out to be police officers I worked with at the local police department (apparently on detached duty). Detective Gorren was saved and we all had a good laugh.

This is somewhat of a bizarre dream so I don't know what to make of it. Maybe someday I will figure it out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am interested in CNG vehicles because they are good for the environment and aren't powered by dead Marines. I still have a little hope for the world. Read the musings and enjoy.

Blog Archive