While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year old Texas rancher whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation. Eventually the topic got around to Sarah Palin and her bid to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency. The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Palin is a post turtle.'
Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a post turtle was. The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle.'
The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued: 'You know she didn't get up there by herself, she doesn't belong up there, she doesn't know what to do while she is up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put her up there to begin with.’
- ► 2010 (104)
- ► 2009 (99)
- Away for a few days
- What is wrong with this picture
- What HAVe I gotten myself into?
- Not All Muslems are terrorists
- Up Yours from the Investor Class
- An Interesting story in the paper
- Whats in a Name
- Japanese Banking News
- Post Turtle
- New Financial Terms
- Replies - Energy independence
- Rambled Musings - my thoughts for the past couple ...
- Asteroid Impact
- The Debate Last Night - Minute by Minute (From Al...
- Ten on Tuesday
- With apologies to Sam McGee
- Damage from Hurricane Ike has an impact on the env...
- ▼ October (18)