One of my favorite entertainers is Tom Lehrer. He was active in the 1960's. Many of you may remember a song he did called "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park." However, he had an extensive reportuare of songs, many of which have a wonderful political bent. One song he had was a song of the Wild West written in his days as a physicist at the Los Alamos Laboratory. A line in the song said something about watching the planes droping bombs "while the old FBI was watching me."
Some of his songs bordered on the bizarre and I present this one forthwith:
- The Road
- The Battle of Britian - The Polish
- We aren't the only country with religous problems
- Miracle at the Shopping Mall
- The Anthem of the Tea Party?
- Very intersting thing I just discovered - or cou...
- This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper...
- I wonder if he does everything God tells him to do...
- Martin Niem�ller updated for 2010
- Typical of Texas politics
- The Mama Test
- The Sad Ending of a St. Louis Tradition
- I don;t know whether to be disgusted or just plain...
- Recent updates on life
- The Bankers Manifesto of 1892 or could it be 2010
- Greg Palast - Slick Operator - The BP I have known...
- Politics has come full circle
- One reason I am against Concealed Carry Laws
- Fox News, Nazis and the Tea Party
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2009 (99)
- ► 2008 (352)