Turkey is a nation which has struggled with a fine line between religion and secularism. In my search for information about the escalator miracle I came across this story on one Turkish News website:
Atheist Turkish family wins case on compulsory religious classes.
This has recently happened as the story was dated today. Our nation now is starting to follow in the footsteps of religious extremism. We take tiny baby steps towards the Theocratic abyss daily. The camel's nose is definitely inside the tent and soon we will have to deal with the whole smelly animal in the tent. There is a whole group in this country that makes the Islamic extremists look tame and they are armed and dangerous. They are also taking steps to taking over our government which will lead to religious crusades. Israel and Saudi Arabia had better watch out since both are threatened. Israel enjoys some slight enthusiasm and support from the Christians in this country, but they can just as easily turn against them as many of the organizations allied with this Christian theocratic elite come from a white-supremacist/anti-Semitic tradition.
So the United States isn't the only country with a secular tradition having a crisis of conscience with that tradition.
- The Road
- The Battle of Britian - The Polish
- We aren't the only country with religous problems
- Miracle at the Shopping Mall
- The Anthem of the Tea Party?
- Very intersting thing I just discovered - or cou...
- This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper...
- I wonder if he does everything God tells him to do...
- Martin Niem�ller updated for 2010
- Typical of Texas politics
- The Mama Test
- The Sad Ending of a St. Louis Tradition
- I don;t know whether to be disgusted or just plain...
- Recent updates on life
- The Bankers Manifesto of 1892 or could it be 2010
- Greg Palast - Slick Operator - The BP I have known...
- Politics has come full circle
- One reason I am against Concealed Carry Laws
- Fox News, Nazis and the Tea Party
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2009 (99)
- ► 2008 (352)