Our local NBC affiliate has revealed that the Catholic Church has a center where it "treats" its pedophile priests. Especially heinous offenders are sent to the center for "rehabilitation." A former employer of the center, which is much like a summer camp where the priests are left free to roam, contacted the station after she became disgusted with what the priests there were doing. Some have access to pornography. There is no real supervision.
I have real problems with this. Why is the Catholic Church treated differently from any other organization in the world? If someone did the things that some of these priests are accused of, especially in a church, they would be arrested and incarcerated at a REAL jail to be molested by REAL inmates skilled in such matters.
I invite you to watch the report at the link above and form your own opinion. My respect for the Catholic Church diminishes by the day, especially with every revelation of the actions of its leadership in covering up the actions of its clergy.
- The Road
- The Battle of Britian - The Polish
- We aren't the only country with religous problems
- Miracle at the Shopping Mall
- The Anthem of the Tea Party?
- Very intersting thing I just discovered - or cou...
- This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper...
- I wonder if he does everything God tells him to do...
- Martin Niem�ller updated for 2010
- Typical of Texas politics
- The Mama Test
- The Sad Ending of a St. Louis Tradition
- I don;t know whether to be disgusted or just plain...
- Recent updates on life
- The Bankers Manifesto of 1892 or could it be 2010
- Greg Palast - Slick Operator - The BP I have known...
- Politics has come full circle
- One reason I am against Concealed Carry Laws
- Fox News, Nazis and the Tea Party
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2009 (99)
- ► 2008 (352)