Yesterday and today, Hurricane Gustav came to visit. Like an unloved relative that you can't wait to leave, he made my life miserable. Gustav, thanks for making my morning a traffic nightmare. Your windblown rains and constant downpours made everyone forget how to drive and made a 20 minute drive into an hour and a half one. That, coupled with my vehicles lack of air conditioning, made for a wonderful, frustrating commute. Ever notice they call it a commute? Does that have anything to do with commuting a sentence? Because essentially a commute is a sentence! Today I had to get off the road before I killed someone with the car because I was that frustrated.
However, that was nothing. The other night, on my way to work, the racoons of the area decided to get together and form a group suicide pact. Not only that, but apparently they are able to communicate across great distances. Getting onto Highway 30 from my house a racoon ran in front of my car. Unfortunately, I heard a thump. I felt bad for the animal. After all, it is a living being and no doubt, my heavy vehicle had inflicted grevious injury on the animal.
Upon my arrival at work, I was speeding through the parking lot when, again, our local racoon at the mall ran in front of my vehicle. I was able to stop in time, but had to wonder if he had gotten a phone call from the one in Fenton. However, knowing that racoons lack the money or knowledge to obtain cell service, I have to put it off ot coincidence.
I have high hopes that by this time next week, I find myself again behind the wheel of my gas-guzzling Victor Victoria and possible in the future, equipped with a radio to enable myself to utilize my ham license. We'll see.
Finally, the reason I did this and the distraction of sleep has finally overwhelmed me, so I bid you farewell dear reader till next time.
- ► 2010 (104)
- ► 2009 (99)
- From the Industry - 179 Gulf Platforms Still Evacu...
- Dave is Pissed!
- Sen. Obama Introduces NGV Incentive Legislation
- Toyota Getting back into CNG
- ISS Access - INKSNA waiver granted
- Representative Marcy Kaptur (D) Ohio on the Wall S...
- Wanda Sykes for President!
- News from the Industry - 23 platforms destroyed by...
- What religion should I be?
- In Honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Public service announcement - Shopping and Securi...
- MMS Update on Shut-in Rigs - from Rigzone.
- Ike and Gas Prices - News from the industry
- Ike plays St. Louis.
- The 9-11 blog
- Some Observations.
- Sarah Palin - Another one
- Mr. Gustav comes to visit
- Sarah Palin - Bridge to Nowhere
- Its Happened and almost exactly the way I said it ...
- Workin It
- Art the Vote
- Why John McCain isn't my man
- Release the Flying Monkeys - My Presidential Campa...
- Sarah Palin - Modern secessionist? Harbinger of t...
- ▼ September (26)