Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I haven't been here a few days


I have spent the past couple of days in misery. Although I live in the state with a similar pronunciation, my actual state of being is the word which describes distress. I didn't find out till yesterday that I had a container with mayonnaise that was over a year old. I had a sandwich prepared with said mayonnaise. Well, you can imagine what happened next. I spent Saturday evening with a new special friend, and went to work thinking good thoughts oblivious to what the night would behold. I was trembling a little and very thirsty. When I got to work, I thought I didn't feel very well, so I asked if I could stay in for the night rather than risking getting caught sick out in the truck. Glad I did. In another hour I was worshiping the great porcelain altar about three or four times, begging to die and trembling and feverish. I should have gone to the hospital, but I left work early after calling the morning supervisor.

I spent most of the rest of the day in agony, finally having to get out of bed to get medication at Target because I wasn't able to get anyone to come and help me. Then I still had to go into work. I am not happy about either thing, but then again I had already missed 3 or 4 hours of work and I didn't want to miss anymore. The medication helped and I still felt like my tummy had been hit with a baseball bat. I suspect the muscles had to do some unfamiliar work and are having to relearn their proper function.

Sunday was agony day, today is I am still feeling bad day and little weak. I think it will be a while before I can trust my stomach to take solid food. I have been living on soup for the past couple of days waiting for a sign I can eat solid food. When my tummy stops feeling like I have been punched I think I will take a chance.

Meanwhile I think a new REAL job is in order. I can't imagine any other job that would ask you to come in if you call in sick especially after you went home early after the previous shift. I went in with some trepidation, but I did feel better and I told them as long as I didn't have to do anything and sit in the camera room, I would come. I figured I was OK enough. Next time I won't give in. I am not MR NICE GUY anymore. I am pissed I couldn't find anyone to help. I was too out of it to look up any phone numbers for anyone else and didn't think of my new friend who would have certainly done me the small favor of taking my Mom to get medicine.

Anyway, you are looking at a new guy here. I am through pumping crap and dispensing crap and getting crap dispensed on me.

Oh, and we had another water disaster at the mall. Fortuitously, I was in a position to avert it and saved a store from inundation. I am getting to hate water. We have had rain almost every single Friday for the past 3 or 4 weeks (or is it months?) I forget. NO more water in my life, except to drink and provide adequate moisture to farmers for growing. (Be careful for what you wish for). Anyway, I had to crawl under a spiriting faucet, on a grease covered floor and find a slippery valve covered with grease and shut it off, hoping that the electrical panel that the water was spraying on wasn't going to short out. I did it, but probably won't receive any pay increase or kudos for it. Just another day on the job.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am interested in CNG vehicles because they are good for the environment and aren't powered by dead Marines. I still have a little hope for the world. Read the musings and enjoy.

Blog Archive