When this war in Iraq started, we were promised that in apart from the search for WMD's what weren't there, the Iraqis would be able to pay for our occupation by the oil they would give us. Well, I spent $20 to fill my tank, got me home from work Sunday and back and forth and now I got to fill my tank again. This CANNOT continue!
Today, the Democrates attempted to restore some sanity by trying to pass an energy bill that included among other things:
A windfall profits tax on the big oil companies,
an end to tax breaks to oil companies
limitations on energy speculation trading,
authorize the Attorney General to begin anti-trust proceedings against OPEC,
and make energy price gouging a federal crime.
Shortly afterward, after blocking this leglislation, the Republics decided to block extensinon of tax breaks that are due to expire for solar, wind and other forms of alternative energy, energy conservation, and for the promotion of energy efficiency.
WHAT IS WRONG HERE?!?!?
Its time for a change and the time is NOW. If something isn't done soon, then we start to starve because we aren't going to be able to afford to grow or move food, let alone be able to get to and from work to buy it. The DOE projects the average price of Gas will top out at $4.15 a gallon average nationally. This same agency projected the average price would top out at $3.73 a gallon just a month ago. I would confortably project the price of Gas will top out at $5.00 a gallon by the end of the summer, if not by the end of the year.
Lenin said that no country is more than three meals away from revolution. As gas prices rise, this limit is being reached at an alarming rate and has me seriously concerned abou tour democracy. Our leadership has to get its collective heads out of its collective ass and do something immediately before our economy collapses. These prices are going to do that unless something is done.
- ► 2010 (104)
- ► 2009 (99)
- Am I less of an American because I am from the Lef...
- OK, pick up your Ten Commandments on the Right.......
- Something about life, I'm happy!
- I think I knew this
- MESSENGER Mission News - By Dawn's Early Light
- Travel with your Laptop????
- Thank you Dorrid....
- Tributes to George Carlin
- Hell Explained by Chemestry......
- My favorite Weather Man
- Gotta love it....
- We are all North Koreans....
- MESSENGER News - Peak Rings on Mercury
- In The End - The Tourist Trap
- The best scene about Fathers
- IT'S FATHERS DAY!
- Promises, promises
- MESSENGER News - Young Cunningham Crater in Old Ca...
- From Ben Sergent of the Austin American-Statesman ...
- I haven't been here a few days
- Interesting story I found.
- MESSERGER - Voilà! Mercury's Atget
- MESSENGER Captures a Shot of Kertész
- Fun tonight
- TMI 50 questions.
- Chicken in the Basket
- ▼ June (27)