Thursday, June 26, 2008

Something about life, I'm happy!

Last night I finished my classes and took my examination for an Amateur Radio License, better known as Ham Radio. After a week I check on the FCC website, and I should have my call sign. After that, I can get a radio and transmit in any of the frequencies allocated for use by Amateur Radio.

What can one do with such a license? Well, the main use I want to put it to is my volunteer work for weather spotting. I can also connect with other Hams all over the world. I have kinda wanted to do this for a long time. Not sure why, but I have the license to do with it what I want to.

I've also been giving some thought to going to broadcast school. I'm not sure what I can do at my age. I have a good voice and I've been told it might make a good broadcast voice. Maybe I might do some good.

Pretty soon things are going to come to a head about my car. The old Victor/Victoria is just too big and uses too much gas. Plus she needs some work on the front end and maybe a new catalytic converter, which would probably be better spent on getting a better car. So its either fix Victor/Victoria up, fix up the old Aspire (which uses much less gas, but might cost a lot to fix up as well) or get a new car. So, life is conspiring to change my mode of transportation. I'll have to do it soon because the tags and insurance are coming due on the Victor/Victoria and I won't be able to drive it soon. At least legally that is. and I don't want to do that. Not fun. So I'll have to see what happens. Hopefully all will work out.

Hope all is well out in Internet land for you all. Take care.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am interested in CNG vehicles because they are good for the environment and aren't powered by dead Marines. I still have a little hope for the world. Read the musings and enjoy.

Blog Archive