Saturday, December 15, 2007

How do our friends "Down Under" celebrate Christmas.

I have wondered how Australians celebrate Christmas. After all, its summer there. Snow is non existent. Reindeer would die in the heat. So what does Santa wear?

I decided to look up this on the net and found this...

There has been a suggestion that "Swag Man" take over Santa's franchise Down Under!!! There is a lot of concern about Santa Claus perhaps suffering heat stroke whilst Down Under. "Swag Man" wears a brown Akubra, a blue singlet and long baggy shorts. He spends all winter under Uluru with his merry dingoes and then at Christmas time, he gets in his huge four-wheel drive and sets off through the red dust to deliver his presents.

So much for our friends down under....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am interested in CNG vehicles because they are good for the environment and aren't powered by dead Marines. I still have a little hope for the world. Read the musings and enjoy.

Blog Archive