Subject: Sage advice
1.) Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead and do
not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not
walk beside me either - just pretty much leave me the
2.) It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're
going to steal your neighbors' newspaper, that's the
time to do it.
3.) The journey of a thousand miles begins with a
broken fan belt and leaky tire.
4.) Duct tape is like 'The Force' -- it has a light
side and a dark side -- and it holds the universe
5.) Always remember that you're unique -- just like
everyone else -- so don't be irreplaceable because if
you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted; and if
you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a
couple of mortgage payments.
6.) Everyone seems normal until you get to know them,
so before you criticize someone, you should walk a
mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize
them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
7.) Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when
your lips are moving. Therefore, never miss a good
chance to shut up, as a closed mouth gathers no foot.
8.) And remember, if you tell the truth, you don't
have to remember anything.
9.) Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and
drink beer all day.
10.) If you lend someone $20 and never see that
person again, it was probably worth it.
11.) Some days you're the bug; some days you're the
windshield, so never test the depth of the water with
both feet and if at first you don't succeed -
skydiving is not for you.
12.) Experience is something you don't get until just
after you need it.
13.) And finally - there are two theories to arguing
with women. Neither one works.
- ► 2010 (104)
- ► 2009 (99)
- ► 2008 (352)
- Good Political Comics for today
- In spite of all the accomplishments of our Space P...
- The Flushing Remonstrance
- Atlantis STS-122 Status Report - 18:00 2007-12-27...
- Stolen from my brother......
- Grimmy the Security Dog
- Santa Has to watch the Parking Meter....
- Thee Environmentally responsible Santa.....
- Good and Evil at the Center of the Earth:
- Sometimes these things are just wierd.
- I am a Sci-Fi Nerd....
- White and Nerdy.....
- OH, this is priceless....
- Mary and Joseph today....
- Global Warming is Comming to you......
- MESSENGER Mission News - MESSENGER Zeros in on Mer...
- Why does Iran need nuclear power?
- A quote I have never heard before....
- Thomas Jefferson - The security of a Free Press.
- Playing in the snow.
- How do our friends "Down Under" celebrate Christma...
- More Galleria Wonderland
- What kind of a liberal am I?
- The George Bush Presidential Library.
- Loosk like the excreetment is going to hit the fan...
- Had to post this one to all our "Religious" friend...
- This one is for Cal.....
- Yes, its St. Louis now....
- This sucks...
- Atlantis STS-122 Status Update 17:00 EST, 2007-12-...
- Granny D's Speech at Waterburg College in Iowa, 20...
- Winter Drivers..
- What my job may become.....
- Some of my favorite political cartoons for today.
- Ford's Broken Promises
- The Poinsettia - the Christmas Star.
- Atlantis STS-122 Status report, 18:15 EST 2007-12-...
- St. Louis Weather Update 2007-12-11, 08:40
- St. Louis Ice Storm update 2007-12-09 22:00
- Freezing rain here
- Atlantis STS-122 Status update, 09:30 EST 2007-12-...
- Atlantis STS-122 Status update, 07:30 EST 2007-12-...
- Atlantis STS-122 Update 19:20 EDT, 2007-12-08 Sund...
- A dated Merry Christmas from your government
- Atlantis STS-122 Launch Update 22:52 2007-12-07
- My political musings for yesterday.
- Atlantis STS-122 STATUS REPORT: 11 21:45 EST, 200...
- My job. A little worried.
- Atlantis STS-122 Shuttle Launch updste 11:15 EST 2...
- Atlantis STS-122 Shuttle Launch updste 10:00 EST 2...
- Atlantis STS-122 Shuttle Launch updste 07:20 EST 2...
- One more reason I am glad I don't work the Day Shi...
- Atlantis STS-122 Status report - 10:45 EST 2007-12...
- CNG in EU Report on Alternative Fuels
- The real meaning of the season?
- Keith Olberman channels Tom Tomorrow
- Why the Hollywood Writers are striking.....
- Chief Seattle's words.
- Sage Advice
- ▼ December (59)