Sunday, December 9, 2007

St. Louis Ice Storm update 2007-12-09 22:00

This is the view at 1-270 and I-44 as of 9:38pm and its running well as there is no traffic. It doesn't show the ice though. The camera hasn't the detail to do that. I am going ot leave for work soon so I'll have fun at work.








This is the view almost at where I work. The Galleria is located at the intersection of I-64 and I-270. As you can see, it still doesn't show ice, but no traffic. I have to wonder how my work is going to go tonight. I know the Mall Ops Manager will be there and he is a hardnose kind of person. He gets the job done, but he doesn't care about the people. Still, I hope and pray it doesn't get too bad.

For those with loved ones here, the ice is generally settling along interstate 44 and following the highway up to St. Louis and points Northeast of there. Travel is likely to be treacherous anywhere from Joplin through Springfield and Rolla and so on to St. Louis. The areas to the Northwest of St. Louis, (St. Charles and the like) have had severe ice already. According to Channel 2 Fox News here (yeah I have to watch them because the football games have left me bereft of actual local news) the areas to the north of the Missouri River have been hit hard and people have lost power in that area, but it hasn't been as bad as it was last year so far.

Haven't lost power yet, but I am shutting down the power to the system to make sure the backup batteries aren't drained. Well I'd better get. Hope everyone else is OK.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am interested in CNG vehicles because they are good for the environment and aren't powered by dead Marines. I still have a little hope for the world. Read the musings and enjoy.

Blog Archive